At New Tripoli Bank, our colleagues are not just a part of our team but our community as well. We continuously strive to provide a gratifying workplace where you can build friendships, learn new skills and achieve your goals.
Current Employment Opportunities
BSA Security Specialist
New Tripoli Bank, a $500 million community bank, is seeking a full-time BSA & Security Specialist. The ideal candidate has a minimum of two years’ experience in Bank Secrecy Act and Fraud function within a bank.
The BSA & Security Specialist will be responsible performing a variety of duties to support the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Security/Fraud function. Coordinate work within the department, as well as with other departments. They will report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor. Additionally, they will respond to inquiries or requests for information.
Essential Duties Include:
- Accesses on daily basis, Verafin, the BSA system, which highlights high risk customers and Alerts and retains documentation. Ensures risk ratings are performed on all new customers.
- Maintains database and files of high-risk customers and credit risk file for loans.
- Checks OFAC/SDN updates and verifies against current customer list.
- Reviews OFAC list against WATCHDOG PRO.
- Performs continual transaction review and activity analyses of high-risk customers for potential SAR filing.
- Checks for CTR transactions on daily basis and prepares file for submission on Verafin.
- Verifies and reviews invalid tax ID report, foreign certificate report, all foreign accounts and new organization report.
- Identifies and researches unusual or potential suspicious activity.
- Prepares Suspicious Activity Reports; prepares narrative and documentation for SARs not filed; and forwards all SAR activity, reports, and documentation to the Compliance Officer for approval and filing.
- Serves as back-up in Security Officer’s absence to ensure ongoing operation and maintenance of all physical security devices and related monitoring software. Also authorized, as back-up, to issue or change Security access cards.
- Run physical security reports to review alarms, site access and area access.
- Works with the Security Officer to identify and research incidents and/or allegations involving any new or existing accounts opened and interact with other departments, vendors, or local, state, and federal authorities when required.
- Contacts and counsels customer on fraud incidents such as identity theft, phishing scams, romance scams, unemployment scams and the like.
- Maintain compliance with all regulations and bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements
- Develop and maintain the vendors in the Vendor Management Plan.
- Perform the initial setup for vendor access to information.
- On an annual basis perform a review of vendor information-access levels and compliance with established retention and confidentiality standards.
- BS or BA degree in business related field preferred
- Minimum 2 (two) years’ experience in a BSA, Security, and/or Fraud related position
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles, banking policies and procedures and knowledge of BSA regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of fraud and security issues and how to resolve them
- Moderate PC skills
New Tripoli Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, which includes, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k) plan. New Tripoli Bank also offers generous paid time off.
New Tripoli Bank is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances.