Smart Start Checking
Start your financial journey on the right foot with a Smart Start Checking account tailored for teens and young adults who want to form good money habits.
Making it easy to form good money habits
We don't want any obstacles keeping you from learning how to manage your money. That's why our Smart Start checking account has so few requirements to apply or maintain.
- No minimum deposit to apply
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No direct deposit required
In addition, when you sign up for a Smart Start Checking account, our customer service representatives will walk you through the process of enrolling in online and mobile banking and signing you up for paperless statements.
Personal banking that's safe & easy
Smart Start Checking account holders enjoy the same benefits as all New Tripoli Bank customers.
- View your accounts, pay your bills, transfer money, and deposit checks with the New Tripoli Bank mobile app
- Set up account alerts to receive text and email notifications for low balances, account activity, payments and more
- Download the CardValet app to track transactions on your debit card and prevent fraud
- Overdraft protection ensures payments go through even if your account has insufficient funds (with a linked New Tripoli Bank savings account)
- No fee for transactions using New Tripoli Bank ATMs
Open an account online
Our online account opening process is fast, easy, and takes only a few minutes.
The Smart Start Checking account can be opened individually for young adults age 18 or older, or jointly with an adult if you're 17 years old or younger. To open a joint account, simply select the Joint option when applying.
Here is what you'll need to get started:
- Your address
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- Government-issued identification (driver's license, state ID, or passport)
- If funding your new accounts by electronic transfer from another financial institution, you'll need the routing number and your account number with that institution
Note for applicants 17 or younger: You will need to open an account jointly with an adult. You can do so together online or in-person at one of our branch offices.