Securities & Advisory Services offered through Investment Professionals, Inc. Member FINRA & SIPC
IPI, NTFA, & NTB, are not affiliated companies.The investment strategies and tactics for achieving short-term goals are very different from those used to accomplish long-term ones. Managing for tax efficiency plays a key role every step of the way.
In the accumulation phase you are working hard to build assets, support the household, save for college and, hopefully, set aside money for retirement. When it comes to investing in this phase, every dollar counts because dollars invested early will work hardest for you later.
Phase two is retirement. During this phase, you’re likely living on a reduced income but now have the time to do things you enjoy. If you’ve planned adequately and factored in the potential for higher medical expenses along with your monthly bills, you should have enough extra money for a good quality of life.
The release phase begins upon your death when your heirs and charitable organizations can benefit from your generosity. Tax-efficient estate planning gives you the satisfaction of offering a leg-up to your children and grandchildren or a little bit of hope to the less fortunate.
How Did You Get There?
Below we outline the steps in the financial planning process, which is modeled on the recommendations of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- Establish Objectives
- Discuss goals, means, dreams, time frame, risk tolerance & benchmarks
- Gather Information
- Work through objectives & build planning consensus
- Analyze + Evaluate
- Analyze assets, liabilities, cash flows, insurance & tax strategies
- Discuss likely scenarios & degree of comfort to achieve goals
- Review Recommendations
- Discuss & agree on approach
- Finalize start plan
- Implement Plan
- Allocate existing holdings to reflect investor profile
- Buy and/or sell financial instruments for allocation plan
- Acquire and/or retire insurance policies as per plan
- Set up automatic savings and/or investment plans
- Review, Monitor, + Adjust
- Monitor performance regularly
- Review goals & objectives
- Review new opportunities as they arise
- Update plan as changes occur in life circumstances, goals & means
NO BANK GUARANTEE/NOT A DEPOSIT/NOT FDIC INSURED/NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY/MAY LOSE VALUE. All Securities and Advisory Services offered through Investment Professionals, Inc. (IPI) a Registered Broker/Dealer and Registered Investment Advisor and member FINRA and SIPC.